Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A recent letter

Soon after I got back from Teenpact in Feb, I mailed a letter to the Secretary of State for Arkansas, Mark Martin. This is what he said in reply:

Psalms 62:1-2
1 My soul waits in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.

You were right. . . I was bless by David's confidence in God and instruction to put no trust in worldy things.

Dear Kyler,
It is encouraging to me that perhaps the most encouraging and edifying letters I have recieved came from a young person. Thank You! I look forward to seeing you at a future TEENPACT event.

Sincerely,
Mark Martin

When I wrote him I put some scripture that I thought would be encouraging to him, including Psalm 62:1-2. Appearently he liked it!

Ky

6 comments:

  1. That's really cool! You know we used to go to church with him? He's a really nice guy.:) I think he was my favorite speaker at TeenPact...he just seemed the most sincere.

    hAyLeY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booyeah! Way to rep Ky!

    p.s. 3 DAYS TIL NC BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2, Hayden boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Ky

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp* Another TeenPacter? What luck!! TeenPact is the best thing since sliced bread, for sure. =) Did you go to NC? Aaand you're from Arkansas, so I'm assuming you know Valen??

    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valen staffed our four day class! (not to mention won vice presidency at NC this year!) Did you go to NC? Sorry it took so long for me to respond!

    Ky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, did you ever happen to meet anyone from South Dakota at NC? Because I know a few people who also went there :)

    ReplyDelete

if you are commenting, you are epic, and every other awesome word you can think of!