Sunday, March 6, 2011

Real Thing

soooooooooooo. . . today is sunday. . . and they guy who usually does the lesson in the sunday school was out of town. and since my older brother didn't want to do the lesson, it fell on me. yep, i got to do sunday school with the kiddo's. things were running a little late and so we started five minutes after the appointed time, and just as we got done with the lesson and music, kole came in and told me that dad had just started the parenting class (which means that we had 45 minutes left), so i was pretty bummed because we had used up most of our material. the kids didn't mind, we got to play extra games.

and tonight we get to go to our youth's crazy love series at a friends house, it's going to be awesome.

Real Thing
Remedy Drive

It's taking larger doses now
to make us feel alive
while we’re on the edge
of something much more real

don’t leave me to my emptiness
this grayscale silhouette
this senseless repetition of our days
this counterfeit

give me the real thing not this
watered down or in between
I want the real thing not this middle ground
I want the sight unseen

addicted to this present tense
these dollars make no sense
we chase the wind this gold can’t validate our existence

give me the real thing not this
watered down or in between
I want the real thing not this middle ground
I want the sight unseen

shadow, shadow, where's
your substance
where’s your shine
shadow, shadow, i want the
substance of this time

Ky

3 comments:

  1. Good thing I didn't read your comment yesterday or I would have been like..."what? where? when? huh?!? Help!!!" haha...jk:D
    Hayley

    Nice background btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I've never had to teach a Sunday school class. We don't have a whole lot of little kids at our church. (Not many at all compared to HCBC!!) and there's always a bunch of other people doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have tons of kids at church, but you do know we changed churches, we don't go to Hope. We have pretty close to twenty.

    Ky

    ReplyDelete

if you are commenting, you are epic, and every other awesome word you can think of!